2.2.4 Guidance criteria governing investments under the programme
- The programme is confined at this stage to England only
- It is intended to make investments over a three-year period from the beginning of 2018 calendar year in roughly equal amounts over the three-year period (subject to review if additional resources are attracted)
- Investment criteria will include consideration of: (in conjunction with achieving the Strategic Objectives)
- Community benefit
- Relative deprivation of target community
- Applicant willingness to engage with the programme and comply with best practice standards.
- Business Sector / model for other places
- Innovative features of business model, offer structure, offer promotion (see Investment propositions)
- Return on equity offered against risk
- Withdrawability / liquidity
- Leverage / match funding
- Availability of alternative sources of development finance, equity or loan.
If you have any questions on the content included within the guidance, please contact the team.