8.4 Do you serve a charitable purpose?
As a charitable trust, Power to Change can only use its funds to support charitable purposes, which are listed below. To be eligible for the Booster programme you must identify which of these charitable purposes are addressed by your community business, and what you do of public benefit in each area you identify.
- The prevention or relief of poverty
- The advancement of education
- The advancement of citizenship or community development
- The advancement of the arts, culture, heritage or science
- The advancement of amateur sport
- The promotion of religious or racial harmony or equality and diversity
- The advancement of environmental protection or improvement
- The relief of those in need, by reason of youth, age, ill-health, disability, financial hardship or other disadvantage